Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hooray for Recycled!





I found this broken brick outside of my high school, and decided that it wasn't totally useless yet. A quick paint job made this an excellent bookend that adds a mix of industrial and artistic style to the area.



Bottles are a kind of obvious recycled craft to do, but that doesn't take away any of the fun of doing it! Here are some ideas for other things to recycle into crafts. This necklace is made of can tabs that I kept finding (mostly thanks to a NOS binge), rainbow hemp and a pretty snail pendent. (snails are kind of my thing). This is a super easy wearable craft, and I love it!

3 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Fantastic pieces, i love that brick!
x

Minxy said...

Have to agree, the brick is just totally awsome, what a clever and fun piece :O)

Beth said...

thanks! the fun pieces are way more precious to me than the traditionally "good" things.